COVID-19 Next Steps March 23, 2020
NEXT STEPS… Are you PREPARED?
Now that COVID-19 is in your community…
- Call your doctor about checking for symptoms that might be COVID-19.
- Stay in touch with others by phone or e-mail. You might need to ask for help from friends, family, neighbors, community health workers, etc. if you become sick.
- Seek out a “buddy” who will check on and help care for you if you become sick.
- Have an emergency contact list.
- Have a list of your daily medication and time of day you take them, so a caregiver will be able to help you if you get sick.
- Determine who can provide you with care if your caregiver gets sick.
- Contact your doctor to ask about getting extra medications (at least a 30-day supply) to have on hand in case there is an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community and you need to stay home for a few weeks.
- If you cannot pick up extra medications, consider using mail-order.
- Be sure you have over-the-counter medicines and medical supplies (e.g., tissues) to treat fever and other symptoms. Many older adults will be able to recover from COVID-19 at home.
- Have enough household items and groceries so that you will be comfortable staying home for a few weeks, consider using grocery delivery.
For more Information: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/retirement/checklist.html
The information provided was taken from the CDC website provided above on March 23, 2020.